It shouldn’t be difficult to choose the best mattress for you. Awara Mattress Deals
Because mattresses are so much better these days, we know because we spent hundreds of hours researching and reviewing the best models. Awara Mattress Deals
We’ve done this by sleeping on them, as well as through evaluating feedback from thousands of mattress users.
In our top mattress guide, we’ve listed the best-rated models, with options to fit every budget, from low to high-end. You’re sure to find a memory foam mattress with good pressure relief and cooling, as well as an organic option for non-toxic sleeping. We expect the best in support and comfort from all of these mattresses. The choice between them will be a matter both of personal preference and financial budget.
Buying a mattress online is easy too, and prices are often cheaper than you’d pay in store. Most brands will offer free shipping. Some even include free gifts. In just a few clicks, you can get the best mattress delivered right to your doorstep. If you aren’t satisfied, the company will refund your money and collect the mattress.
Our best tip? We recommend that you look for a brand that offers a risk-free trial of no less than 30 nights. Our top picks include at least 100. It can take up to three weeks for your body to adjust to a new bed. You don’t need to buy right away if the sale isn’t available. Although the mattress industry is competitive, there are usually discounts to be had. We have compiled the latest mattress discounts for all of our top mattress recommendations. Awara Mattress Deals
How to choose the right mattress
The only way to truly know whether a mattress is right for you is to sleep on it. Awara Mattress Deals
All the choices in our top mattress guide come with a risk-free, long-term trial. If you don’t love one, you can return it and get another.
There are some things you should know to help you choose the best mattress. Awara Mattress Deals
How do I know the right mattress size?
The best rule of thumb when choosing the right mattress size is to ensure it is 10 cm longer than the person who will be sleeping on it. Width-wise, if you’re sharing a bed, you and your partner should be able to put your hands under your head without your elbows touching. If you’re sleeping alone, you will have the right mattress size if you can comfortably place your hands under your head and not touch any of the edges. Measure the distance between your head and the mattress. If it is wider than this, you are good.
Most of the options listed in our best mattress guide are available in twin, twin XL, full, queen, king and California king sizes. Many of the options can be split, allowing you to choose a different firmness from your partner. You can also find mattresses that are firmer on one side than the other (soft or firm).
Generally speaking, the bigger and deeper the mattress, the higher the price. Twin mattresses tend to be a bit cheaper than the queen size. The king and California King sizes, on the other hand are usually around $200 more than the queen. The prices for hybrid mattresses, premium and luxury versions of the mattress are generally higher than those listed for the original/basic model. Awara Mattress Deals
How do you know which mattress firmness is right?
Medium firm is consistently the most desired mattress choice. This is why most flagship mattresses fall within a range from 5-7 on firmness (10 is the firmness).
Mattresses are however subjective. The factors that affect the firmness and comfort of a mattress are many. These include your weight, height (or lack thereof), sleeping style, temperature, and whether any pain occurs in your back, hips, or shoulders. This means that each person’s experience with a mattress will differ from the other. You may also prefer a firmer or softer mattress.
We use a variety of people to test our mattresses, and we also look at thousands of user reviews. This is important to remember when comparing our ‘firmness gauge’ which ranges between 1 and 10, with 10 being firmest. You may find a mattress slightly softer than we found. Here are some guidelines for deciding the level of mattress firmness that you may be most comfortable with.
1. Think about your preferred sleeping position. Back sleepers often find a medium-firm mattress to be most comfortable. This mattress offers the best of both, with a neutral spine alignment and supporting the hips, shoulders, and neck without placing too much pressure. If the mattress is too firm, back sleepers might feel their spines form an unpleasant ‘U-shaped’ shape. Awara Mattress Deals
Side sleepers need pressure relief to their hips and shoulders. They also need their body contours supported. A medium to medium-soft mattress is usually a good choice. However, a too soft mattress can cause the spine not to align with the shoulders and hips. Memory foam is a great choice for side sleepers because of its contouring capabilities.
Front sleepers will do better on a firmer bed. This helps lift the hips up so that they’re in alignment with the spine, and prevents the spine from forming a ‘U’ shape. If it’s too firm, it’ll be uncomfortable – particularly for women – and won’t allow the spine to curve naturally. Too soft, and it can feel almost as if you are being suffocated. For front sleepers, innerspring or hybrid mattresses may be a better option than foam.
Combination sleepers must choose according to their dominant sleeping position. A medium-firm mattress is the best choice for you if you don’t have one.
2. Consider your body weight Lighter sleepers who weigh below 130lbs don’t sink as far into a mattress and can be well-suited to softer options as a result – between 2 and 4 on the firmness scale. However, a medium-firm mattress would also be a good choice.
People who weigh between 130-230lbs and between 5-7 lbs on the firmness scale are usually better suited to medium or medium-firm mattress.
Mattresses with a higher weight, such as those above 230 lbs, can be suitable for heavier sleepers.
3. Try the risk-free Sleep Trial. It can take up 3 weeks for your body’s adjustment to a different mattress. If your old mattress didn’t support you well, this can be especially true. For exactly this reason, most mattress manufacturers recommend that you stay at least 21 nights before purchasing a mattress.
Aside from how a mattress feels, there’s a quick trick you can use to check whether it’s the right firmness for you. Lie down and place your hand in the small of your back: if there’s a big gap, it’s too firm; if there’s no gap, the mattress is too soft. Awara Mattress Deals
- The The Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- Fully customizable, the Saatva Classic offers 3 firmness level, sizes and heights. It is also made from only high-quality, eco-friendly materials.
- You can also have Saatva remove your old mattress, and setup your new one for no charge.
- Every Saatva comes with a 180 night sleep trial and free shipping. Awara Mattress Deals
- Many with back pain claim to have relief, due to Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology.
- Every Puffy mattress comes with a 101 night sleep trial, as well as a lifetime warranty.
- Incredible mattress for your money. Very high quality mattress. It does take 2 days before the Puffy Mattress is sent; since the mattress is made to order.
- The top layer of Puffy is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is responsible for making you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. The final layer of Puffy is Firm Core Support Foam, which is also CertiPUR-US Certified. Awara Mattress Deals
- Having a premium natural latex coat, DreamCloud provides a good bounce, and extra contour.
- Some of Dreamclouds highlights include: stitched handles across the sides, cashmere blends and flax yarns.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an whole year sleep trial; compared to the normal 100 night trial.
- Pocket Coil Technology allows for cheaper manufacturing costs, and the savings are based to you as the buyer. Awara Mattress Deals
- Purple Mattress is one of the most popular brands available.
- The Purple mattress is made from hyper-elastic polymer, which differs from many other mattresses, usually made from memory foam.
- The feel of this bed mattress is considerably various than the feel of any other bed mattress. Awara Mattress Deals
- Sleeps cool through the night and has a really responsive motion transfer.
- The top layer consists of a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid. The bottom layer is comprised of polyurethane foam. Awara Mattress Deals
- Nolah’s flagship product, the Signature uses proprietary AirFoam”, along with high density polyfoam for a soft but supportive feel.
- The Nolah Signature 12 is a luxury flippable all-foam mattress that’s medium-firm on one side and medium-soft on the other.
- If you have a partner, and are easily disturbed during the night, the Nolah Signature would be a great choice, due to how well it handles motion transfer.
- Nolah offers free shipping, and a 120 night sleep trial for their mattresses. Awara Mattress Deals
- Sweetnight sells a full range of mattresses and pillows, most of which feature gel memory foam as a main feature.
- Featured on Amazon, however all of Sweetnights products and sizes are only available directly through their official website. Awara Mattress Deals
- Sweetnight has been voted Best Budget mattress, and has a mattress for everyone, with 5 models to choose from.
- Every Sweetnight purchase comes with free shipping, and includes a 100 night sleep trial.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Sweetnight carries both memory foam and hybrid mattress models. Awara Mattress Deals
- Nectar Sleep has been voted Best Memory Foam mattress, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the sleep industry.
- Having optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort with their mattresses, Nectar Sleep guarantees ideal sleep.
- An all foam bed in a box, Nectar contains multiple layers of high-quality memory foam. Awara Mattress Deals
- If you are a back sleeper, and light or average in weight, you will not beat the pressure relief, comfort and support of Nectar.
- Every Nectar mattress comes with a full year to try it out, as well as a Forever warranty. Awara Mattress Deals
- Awara offers both innerspring support, along with a comfort system in their luxury hybrid mattress.
- A latex hybrid, the Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex of the Awara is certified by the Rainforest Alliance. This means it meets the criteria on environmental sustainability, social and economic impact.
- It is also certified by GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), which indicates that the latex is organic. The plush Euro top cover is composed of New Zealand wool and organic cotton. Awara Mattress Deals
- The Idle Hybrid is flippable, offering 2 firmness levels, Medium and Firm.
- Firmness levels can be changed to Medium and Luxury Firm by request
- The Idle Hybrid is Idle Sleeps best selling mattress, offering just the right amount of bounce, with their blend of memory foam and latex.
- Idle Sleep has the longest sleep trial in the industry at 18 MONTHS. Every mattress also comes with a lifetime warranty. Awara Mattress Deals
- PlushBeds is based out of California, and the Botanical Bliss is their best selling mattress.
- Made from organic materials, including an organic cotton cover, a layer of organic New Zealand wool, and multiple layers of organic Dunlop latex, the mattress is sold in two firmness options: Medium and Firm. Awara Mattress Deals
- The Botanical Bliss promotes spinal health, is 100% latex and is actually recommended by chiropractors and orthopedic specialists.
- If you are looking a mattress that has good bounce, and sleeps cool, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss may be for you.
- Comes with a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping. Awara Mattress Deals
- The double-sided Layla mattress that allows sleepers to choose between different firmness levels, depending on which side they choose to face up. The feeling of this product is different than any other you have really felt. Additionally, it allows you to keep cool, and spring back extremely rapidly. Awara Mattress Deals
- The comfortable layer for the milder side of the mattress consists of 3 inches of copper infused memory foam (3.5 lb density). This is a fairly thick layer of memory foam, which is a soft cloth that will allow the sleeper to sink for pressure relief.
- Layla mattress has a 4 month sleep trial, along side a lifetime warranty. Since most brands only have a 10 year warranty, this is a major selling point for Layla. Awara Mattress Deals
- The medium-firmness makes the Bear Pro a specifically good option for combination sleepers. Those that change positions during the night need to really feel specifically great support when they are on their back and tummy and enough comfort when they are on their side.
- While memory foam is understood for capturing heat as well as can make sleepers overheat throughout the evening, the Bear Pro’s gel memory foam will certainly aid with cooling. The combination of the Celliant cover and cooling foam layers need to maintain most sleepers cool in the evening.
- The Bear Pro mattress has four layers of foam and also a softer feeling than either of Bear’s other cushion offerings. In addition, the two greatest differentiators are the copper-infused foam and the added pillow supplied.
- The Bear Pro includes totally free delivery and returns, a 100-night rest test, and also a 10-year guarantee. Financing is available as are numerous accessories. Awara Mattress Deals
- Created by Saatva, the Loom & Leaf mattress, is a memory foam mattress, which competes with luxury brands, such as TEMPUR-Pedic Loom & Leaf is one of very few online memory foam mattresses that is not compressed and shipped in a box.
- Loom & Leaf uses a gel chilled, high density high density memory foam since it is top layer. It’s supported with a foundation layer comprised of high density polyfoam. This all adds up to an extremely supportive, pressure-relieving feel.
- With Loom & Leaf offering both firm and relaxed models, they appeal to stomach sleepers of any weight.
- Loom & Leaf mattresses all include a 120 night sleep trial, together with a 15 year guarantee. If you are ever unsatisfied for whatever reason, Loom & Leaf offers you a full refund. Awara Mattress Deals
- Without a doubt the most innovative mattress to make this list, the Eight Sleep POD uses whatever you ‘d expect in a wise bed mattress, and more.
- The POD includes 5 layers, consisting of a contouring foam topper integrated into the Active Grid for improved convenience and pressure-point relief.
- It also has ambient sensors, determining space temperature level, humidity, and local weather condition to react intelligently
- Not only will this mattress modification temperature level as your body does, it also does everyday health monitoring of Respiratory Rate, Resting Heart Rate, and Heart Rate Variability.
- The Aurora is a hybrid bed mattress, suggesting it consists of numerous foam layers and a layer of coil springs.
- The Aurora is offered in 3 firmness levels: soft, medium, and company.
- Currently, the Aurora is among the very best selling and finest worth mattresses readily available.
- Best suited for back sleepers, and those who sleep hot.
- Features a 120 night sleep trial and a 10 year warranty.
How to Choose the Best Mattress For You
The subjective nature of choosing the right mattress can make it difficult as different mattresses will appeal to different types. Awara Mattress Deals
We will discuss all factors to consider in order to find the perfect mattress.
Types of mattresses
There are many options for mattresses and their prices vary greatly. You will find that some mattresses appeal more to certain types of sleepers than others, so it is important you understand the differences. Awara Mattress Deals
Innerspring Mattresses Innerspring Mattresses Innersprings mattresses are still the most well-known type of mattress. Bed-in-abox companies often do not carry traditional innerspring options. These beds have a coil construction which makes them firmer and more buoyant.
These innersprings make a great choice if you are a combination or active sleeper and have a high level of responsiveness to your movements. Innersprings are also an affordable option for shoppers.
This is our list with the best innerspring mattress Memory Foam Mattresses. Memory Foam mattresses are very popular in bed-in-a-box businesses. There are many benefits to a memory foam mattress including their soothing, pressure-relieving comfort, motion isolation, and wide pricing range.
Many people believe memory foam mattresses will make you sleep hot, but newer models have innovated on their foam to make them more aerated for better airflow. Some models even have copper or gel infusions to help you keep cool.
See our list for the best memory foam mattress Latex Mattress Latex Mattress Latex Mattresses can be compared to memory foam but are more resilient, affordable, and durable. These beds are extremely comfortable and provide pressure relief. Latex beds are great for those who want to be eco-friendly, for people who suffer from pain or for people who prefer a more luxurious mattress.
Hybrid Mattresses: See our list for the best latex mattress Hybrid Mattresses Hybrid Mattresses are made from any combination of coils, latex, foam or latex. These mattresses can offer the best combination of both comfort and support. Hybrid mattress are suitable for almost all sleep types, due to the wide variety of options available for what constitutes a hybrid.
We have compiled a list of the top hybrid mattresses. You can also adjust the bed’s firmness for your own comfort. Airbeds are ideal if you have different preferences, senior citizens, or someone looking for a luxurious and comfortable sleep experience.
Saatva Solaire was one of the most popular airbeds that we have tested. You can read the full Saatva Solaire review to find out more about this airbed. Awara Mattress Deals
While you might not pay much attention how you sleep at night (or even care), knowing your primary sleeping position can be a great help when shopping for a mattress. We will discuss what to look out for when buying a mattress, and what each sleeping position is.
Side Sleepers Side sleepers put a lot of pressure on their shoulders, hips, and knees while they sleep. Side sleepers must have a pressure-relieving mattress. The mattress should evenly distribute your body weight. Memory foam mattresses can be a great choice for side-sleepers.
Side sleepers generally want a mattress on the softer end of the spectrum. They want something that will relieve pressure on the shoulders and hips. They also want something that will not cause misalignment of their spine.
Our list of the top mattresses for side sleepers Stomach sleeping. Stomach sleeping puts a lot on their lower back, especially with a thicker mattress. Stomach sleepers prefer a firmer mattress to prevent them from sinking in and putting strain on their spines.
Check out our list of top mattresses for stomach sleepers. Back Sleepers. Back sleepers require a mattress that provides both support and comfort. This typically means that back-sleepers need a medium to firm mattress with a thin comfort top.
Check out our top list of best mattresses for back sleepers. Combination sleepers: If you sleep in two positions at night, then you are a combination sleeper. This group should look for a mattress that is responsive to their body movements. If you are sharing a bed with someone, you might want to check how it blocks motion. Awara Mattress Deals
Although choosing the right mattress firmness comes down to personal preference, there are some things you need to keep in mind before purchasing a luxurious mattress that is comfortable in a store.
Super soft and super firm mattresses should be avoided. The mattress firmness scale can be measured from 1 to 10, with 10 being the hardest and 1 being the softest. Most sleepers will be most comfortable and well-supported on a medium to medium-firm mattress around a 5-8 on the mattress firmness scale.
Of course, other factors go into this decision such as your body weight.
Because heavy people will place more weight on the mattress, a firmer mattress will be better for them. But depending on your position, you may still need to choose a mattress that has a high-density comfort top layer.
Check out our guides to help determine the best mattress firmness for you. Also, see our top picks within those categories. Awara Mattress Deals
A great way to limit your choices for mattress options is by choosing mattresses within your price range.
As we have discussed, mattresses should be avoided at both the highest and lowest price points.
The lowest-priced mattresses (around $100-$200), offer the best value for money. However, the highest-priced mattresses have diminishing returns. Awara Mattress Deals