It’s easy to choose the right mattress for your needs, budget and sleep style. Awara Mattress Dog
This is because mattresses have become far more comfortable these days. And we know that we’ve spent hundreds on research and testing the latest models. Awara Mattress Dog
We have done this by trying them out, and also by reviewing the feedback received from thousands of other mattress users.
We have ranked the top-rated models in our best mattresses guide. You can find options to suit every budget, from luxury to cheap. So whether you want a good value memory foam mattress that excels at pressure relief, a cooling option, or an organic mattress for non-toxic sleep, you’re in luck. We expect the best in support and comfort from all of these mattresses. It’s up to the individual and their budget to decide which one they prefer.
It’s easy to buy a mattress online. Also, the prices are often lower than what you would pay in-store. Most brands will offer free shipping. Some even include free gifts. It takes just a few mouse clicks to get the best mattress delivered directly to your door. If you do not like the mattress, you will receive a refund and the company can collect it.
Our best tip? The best tip is to look for brands that offer a 30-night risk-free trial (our top picks have at least 100), because it can take up three weeks to get used to a new mattress. It’s best to wait until there is a sale for your top choice, unless you are in urgent need of it. The mattress world is competitive and there’s usually a discount to be found though. To help, we’ve tracked down the latest mattress deals for all our best mattress recommendations below. Awara Mattress Dog
How to choose the right mattress
You can only truly find out whether a mattress fits your needs by actually sleeping on it. Awara Mattress Dog
You can return any mattress you don’t like and receive a refund.
However, there are a few key points that you need to be aware of in order to choose the best mattress. Awara Mattress Dog
How can I determine the right mattress size?
The best rule of thumb when choosing the right mattress size is to ensure it is 10 cm longer than the person who will be sleeping on it. Width wise, if you share a bed, you should be able put your hands underneath your head and not touch your elbows. If you are sleeping alone, the mattress will be the right size if your hands can reach the edges without touching them. You’re good as long as the mattress is at least twice that size.
Most of the options listed in our best mattress guide are available in twin, twin XL, full, queen, king and California king sizes. Split options are also available, which allow you to select a different level of mattress firmness for your partner. You can also find mattresses that are firmer on one side than the other (soft or firm).
The mattress’s size will determine its price. Twin mattresses tend to be a bit cheaper than the queen size. The king and California King sizes, on the other hand are usually around $200 more than the queen. Luxury and premium hybrid mattresses are usually more expensive than the basic or original mattress prices. Awara Mattress Dog
How can I find the perfect mattress firmness for me?
Medium firm is the most sought-after mattress option. Most flagship mattresses fall within the range of 5-7 on a firmness scale (which is 10).
Mattresses are however subjective. Mattress comfort and firmness depend on many factors such as your weight, height and body shape, sleeping style and temperature, and whether or not you feel pain in your hips or back. This means that a person’s perception of a mattress may be different from another person’s. Your personal preference will determine whether you like a firmer or softer mattress.
This is why we test the mattresses with a variety people – and also because we read thousands of reviews. When calculating our firmness gauge, which ranges 1-10 with 10 being the most firm, keep this in mind. It is possible for a mattress to be slightly firmer or softer than what we have found. There are some general guidelines to help you decide which level of mattress firmness is best for you.
1. A medium-firm mattress is best for back sleepers. It offers the best of both the worlds: a neutral spine alignment, support for the hips and shoulders, as well as a comfortable mattress that doesn’t put too much pressure on the back. Back sleepers who have a mattress that’s too soft may feel their spine become an “U” shape. This can lead to strain and discomfort. Awara Mattress Dog
Side sleepers should have good pressure relief in their shoulders and hips. A mattress between medium and medium soft is generally a good choice. If it’s too soft, though, the spine won’t align properly with the shoulders and hips. Memory foam is often the best mattress choice for side sleepers due to its above-average contouring properties.
For front sleepers, a firmer mattress will be more beneficial. This allows the hips to be lifted higher so they align with the spine. Too stiff and it will make the spine curve more naturally. It can feel almost suctioning if it is too soft. For front sleepers, innerspring or hybrid mattresses may be a better option than foam.
Combination sleepers need to choose based on their dominant position of sleep (the position that you typically fall asleep in). A medium-firm mattress is the best choice for you if you don’t have one.
2. Your body weight is important. Sleepers below 130 lbs are more likely to sink into a mattress. An ideal choice would be a medium-firm bed.
People between 130 and 230 lbs are better suited for medium or medium-firm mattresses.
People who sleep heavier than 230lbs may find firmer mattresses that have an 8-10 rating. This prevents them from sinking through the various comfort levels.
3. Take advantage of the risk-free trial. It may take up to three weeks for your body adjust to a new bed. If your old mattress didn’t support you well, this can be especially true. For this reason, most mattress trials require that you wait at least 21 days before returning to your old mattress.
It doesn’t matter how firm a mattress feels. There is a quick way to tell if it is. Place your hand on the back of your mattress. If there is a large gap between your fingers, the mattress may be too firm. Awara Mattress Dog
- The Saatva offers everything a side sleeper could ask for, without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand, with its Saatva Classic mattress.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- It’s completely customizable you can choose between 3 different firmness levels, heights, and sizes and is made with high-quality, eco-friendly materials.
- Saatva also provides at home setup, and removal of your old mattress at no charge.
- Comes with a 180 night sleep trial, and free shipping. Awara Mattress Dog
- People suffering from back pain, say that they feel relief with Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology.
- Every Puffy mattress comes with a 101 night sleep trial, as well as a lifetime warranty.
- One of the highest quality mattresses for your money. Puffy is made to order, and ships in 2 days.
- The top layer of Puffy is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is what gives you the “sleeping on a cloud” feeling. The bottom layer is comprised of a Firm Core Support Foam, which is similarly CertiPUR-US Certified. Awara Mattress Dog
- Dreamcloud has a premium natural latex coat, which allows it to provide extra contour, with a good bounce.
- A few highlights of this mattress aside from the tufting are stitched handles across the side, a cost of $ 1,199 for a queen size and flax yarns and cashmere blend.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an whole year sleep trial; compared to the normal 100 night trial.
- Thanks to Pocket Coil Technology, the manufacturing costs are cheaper, so the savings are passed on to you. Awara Mattress Dog
- Purple Mattress is one of the most well known mattress companies worldwide.
- The Purple mattress is made from hyper-elastic polymer, which differs from many other mattresses, usually made from memory foam.
- Purple has a very different feel than any other mattress brand. Awara Mattress Dog
- Purple mattress sleeps cool, all while responding well to motion transfer.
- Purples’ first layer is made of a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid, and its’ bottom layer is constructed of polyurethane foam. Awara Mattress Dog
- The Signature is Nolah’s flagship product, and uses the brand’s proprietary AirFoam” and high density poly foam to achieve a soft yet supportive feel.
- Nolah’s Signature 12 has two firmness levels, depending on which way it’s flipped; Medium-soft on one side and Medium-firm on the other.
- Fantastic mattress for couples due to its great motion transfer.
- Nolah offers free shipping, and a 120 night sleep trial for their mattresses. Awara Mattress Dog
- Sweetnight sells a full range of mattresses and pillows, most of which feature gel memory foam as a main feature.
- Some Sweetnight products can be purchased on Amazon, but not all of their products, or mattress sizes. Awara Mattress Dog
- Sweetnight has 5 mattress models to choose from, both memory foam and hybrid.
- Every Sweetnight purchase comes with free shipping, and includes a 100 night sleep trial.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Available in both memory foam and hybrid. Awara Mattress Dog
- Nectar Sleep has been voted Best Memory Foam mattress, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the sleep industry.
- Nectar guarantees ideal sleep through optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort with our mattresses, pillows and other sleeping products.
- The Nectar mattress is an all-foam bed in a box mattress that contains multiple layers of high-quality memory foam. Awara Mattress Dog
- If you are a light or average weight individual looking pressure relief, comfort and support, Nectar is a great choice; especially for back sleepers.
- Nectar offers a Forever warranty on all of their mattresses, as well as gives you a full year to test them out. Awara Mattress Dog
- Awara is a hybrid mattress model, combining innerspring support with a significant comfort system.
- A latex hybrid, the Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex is certified by the Rainforest Alliance, meaning it meets criteria on economic, social, and environmental sustainability and impact.
- With the top cover being made of New Zealand wool and organic cotton, the latex of the Awara is also GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified. Awara Mattress Dog
- The Idle Hybrid is flippable, offering 2 firmness levels, Medium and Firm.
- Firmness levels can be changed to Medium and Luxury Firm by request
- Idle Sleeps most popular model, the Idle Hybrid blends memory foam and pocketed coils, for just the right amount of bounce.
- The Idle Hybrid is backed by a lifetime warranty, and the industries longest sleep trial of 18 MONTHS. Awara Mattress Dog
- The Botanical Bliss is PlushBeds most popular mattress model.
- The Botanical Bliss is sold in two firmness options: Medium and Firm. It is made from organic materials, including an organic cotton cover, a layer of organic New Zealand wool, and multiple layers of organic Dunlop latex. Awara Mattress Dog
- The Botanical Bliss promotes spinal health, is 100% latex and is actually recommended by chiropractors and orthopedic specialists.
- If you like to sleep cool and also have some bounce in your mattress, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss would be a perfect option.
- The Botanical Bliss comes with a 100 night sleep trial, as well as free shipping. Awara Mattress Dog
- Layla mattress is double sided, which allows sleepers to choose from different firmness levels.Layla mattress feels different than any other mattress you have ever felt. Additionally, it allows you to keep cool, and spring back extremely rapidly. Awara Mattress Dog
- The milder side of the mattress is made up of 3 inches of copper infused memory foam. It has a 3.5lb density, and is an extremely comfortable layer.Being a pretty thick layer of foam, you are able to sink in, as it provides pressure relief.
- Layla mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, and a four month sleep trial period. This is a huge selling point, because a 10 year guarantee is offered only by companies. Awara Mattress Dog
- The medium-firmness makes the Bear Pro a specifically great choice for combination sleepers. Those who turn during the night ought to really feel especially wonderful support when they get on their back and tummy and adequate convenience when they are on their side.
- While memory foam is known for trapping warmth and also can make sleepers get too hot during the evening, the Bear Pro’s gel memory foam will help with air conditioning. The mix of the Celliant cover as well as cooling down foam layers need to maintain most sleepers cool at night.
- The Bear Pro cushion has 4 layers of foam and also a softer feel than either of Bear’s various other bed mattress offerings. In addition, both greatest differentiators are the copper-infused foam as well as the extra pillow provided.
- The Bear Pro includes totally free shipping and returns, a 100-night sleep test, and a 10-year service warranty. Financing is available as are numerous devices. Awara Mattress Dog
- made by Saatva, the Loom & Leaf mattress, is a memory foam mattress, that competes with luxury brands, such as TEMPUR-Pedic Loom & Leaf is one of very few online memory foam mattresses that is not compressed and shipped in a box.
- Loom & Leaf uses a gel chilled, high density high density memory foam as it’s top layer. It’s supported with a base layer comprised of high density polyfoam. This all adds up to an extremely supportive, pressure-relieving feel.
- With Loom & Leaf offering both firm and relaxed models, they cater to stomach sleepers of any weight.
- Loom & Leaf mattresses all include a 120 night sleep trial, together with a 15 year warranty. If you’re ever unsatisfied for whatever reason, Loom & Leaf offers you a full refund. Awara Mattress Dog
- By far the most advanced bed mattress to make this list, the Eight Sleep POD offers everything you ‘d anticipate in a clever mattress, and more.
- The POD consists of 5 layers, consisting of a contouring foam topper incorporated into the Active Grid for enhanced comfort and pressure-point relief.
- It likewise has ambient sensing units, measuring space temperature level, humidity, and local weather condition to respond intelligently
- Not just will this mattress change temperature as your body does, it likewise does daily health tracking of Respiratory Rate, Resting Heart Rate, and Heart Rate Variability.
- The Aurora is a hybrid bed mattress, indicating it consists of several foam layers and a layer of coil springs.
- The Aurora is offered in 3 firmness levels: soft, medium, and company.
- Currently, the Aurora is among the very best selling and best value mattresses readily available.
- Best suited for back sleepers, and those who sleep hot.
- Features a 120 night sleep trial and a 10 year warranty.
How to find the right mattress for you
Because different mattresses appeal to different sleepers, choosing the best mattress is subjective. Awara Mattress Dog
We will discuss all factors to consider in order to find the perfect mattress.
Types of mattresses
There are many different kinds of mattresses on the market, and they all vary in quality. Some appeal to a wider range of sleepers than others do, so it’s important to know the differences. Awara Mattress Dog
Innerspring Mattresses Innerspring mattresses are the most traditional mattress type and are still fairly popular, although many bed-in-a-box companies do not have a traditional innerspring mattress option. These beds have a coil construction which makes them firmer and more buoyant.
Because they can respond to movement and are great for combination sleepers, they’re also great for anyone who moves around at night. Innersprings can also be a great choice for shoppers with limited budgets.
See our list of the best innerspring mattresses Memory Foam Mattresses Memory foam mattresses are very popular with bed-in-a-box companies. A memory foam mattress offers many benefits, including pressure relief, motion isolation, and a wide price range.
Although many people think memory foam mattresses make you feel hot, newer models are more aerated to allow for better airflow. Some models even have copper or gel infusions to help you keep cool.
You can see our list of top memory foam mattresses. Latex Mattress Latex Mattress Latex Mattresses look very similar to memory mattress mattresses. However, they are more bouncy, long-lasting, and much more expensive. These beds offer excellent pressure relief and naturally cool properties. Latex beds work well for eco-friendly shoppers and people who have suffered from pain.
Hybrid Mattresses: See our list for the best latex mattress Hybrid Mattresses Hybrid Mattresses are made from any combination of coils, latex, foam or latex. These mattresses can offer the best combination of both comfort and support. Hybrids are great for any type of sleeper, because there is so much to choose from when it comes to what they can be.
You can see our list of best hybrid mattresses. Airbeds, also known as air mattresses, are luxury mattresses that have air chambers that you can manually adjust according to your preference. This means you can change the firmness of the bed for your comfort. Airbeds are great for couples with different preferences, seniors, or anyone looking for a luxurious sleep experience.
Saatva Solaire was one of the most popular airbeds that we have tested. See our full Saatva Solaire mattress reviews to learn more. Awara Mattress Dog
It may seem like you don’t pay much attention about how you sleep at nights, but knowing your primary place of rest can help you when buying a mattress. Here are some things to consider when looking for a mattress.
Side Sleepers Side sleeping puts a lot of pressure onto their shoulders, hips and knees. Side sleepers need a mattress that is pressure-relieving and evenly distributes your weight. Oftentimes, memory foam mattresses are a good choice for side sleepers.
Side sleepers typically prefer a mattress on a softer side. They want something that will relieve pressure on the shoulders and hips. They also don’t need something too soft to ensure their spine is aligned.
Our list of the top mattresses for side sleepers Stomach sleeping. Stomach sleeping puts a lot on their lower back, especially with a thicker mattress. Stomach sleepers prefer firm mattresses that don’t sink too much and don’t cause strain on the spine.
See our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers Back Sleepers Back sleepers need a mattress that carefully balances comfort and support. This generally means that back sleepers should have a medium-firm mattress, with a thin comfort layer.
We have compiled a list of the best back mattresses. Combination sleepers are those who switch between positions every night. These people should choose a mattress that responds to their body movements. You may also want to consider how well the mattress isolates motion, if you share a room with a partner or don’t want them to be disturbed by your movements. Awara Mattress Dog
The choice of the mattress firmness you prefer is usually up to your personal preference. However, there are some important factors that you should consider before purchasing a super plush mattress in a store.
Mattresses that are too soft or too firm should be avoided. On a scale from 1-10, the mattress firmness is measured. 1 being the most soft and 10 being the firmest. Most sleepers will be most comfortable and well-supported on a medium to medium-firm mattress around a 5-8 on the mattress firmness scale.
Of course, other factors go into this decision such as your body weight.
People who are heavy will need a firmer bed.
These guides will help you decide which level of mattress firmness is best for your needs. You’ll also find our top picks from each category. Awara Mattress Dog
A great way to limit your choices for mattress options is by choosing mattresses within your price range.
Similar to our policy on mattress firmness, we advise against buying mattresses at either the lowest or the highest price.
The lowest-priced mattresses (around $100-$200), offer the best value for money. However, the highest-priced mattresses have diminishing returns. Awara Mattress Dog